Monday 29 October 2007

I've just started reading Irene Nemirovsky's Suite Francaise for a book club meeting - on Friday. But it is already grabbing my attention, so unlike a recent meeting in which only one person had actually finished the book we were discussing, one hadn't even started it, and the rest were at different parts through it, I think we'll all have read it. I must admit that I hadn't realised that she had written so much before the Second World War, so will try and seek some of them out. My other read of the moment is Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Domesticity, which I came across when I discovered her yarnstorm blog, which I have found very enjoyable. The photography is really inspiring in both book and blog, and has prompted me to keep my little digital camera to hand. Jane is so inspired by colour herself and she expresses that feeling really well. Although I'm not a knitter or crocheter, I do sew and make cakes from time to time, and have done all my adult life, especially when I had two teenage sons at home. I've always sewn clothes , curtains , cushion covers , bedspreads and so on for myself and for the boys when they were small. I must admit I got a bored when a lot of the sewing seemed to be patching the knees and hems of school and other trousers, just so the child was in a fit state to leave the house!

No comments:

google tracker